Saturday, March 6, 2010

Some Inspirations

Broken Dreams (A wonderful poem about letting go) – Lauretta Burns

Like children, bring their broken toys
with tears for us to mend,

I brought my Broken Dreams to God,
because he was my friend

But instead of leaving them there,
for him to work alone,
I hung around, and tried to help,
with ways that were my own.

At last I snatched them back and said,
“My God, how could you be so slow?”

God smiled and said, “My child, what could I do,
YOU NEVER LET THEM GO!”

“Out beyond the ideas

of right doing and wrong doing

there is a field,

I’ll meet you there.

When the soul lies down

On that grass,

The world is too full to talk about

~ Mevlana Rumi

Too often we under-estimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring – all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

What life this is if full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare!

~ William Shakespeare

You can dream, create, design and build the most powerful idea in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality ~ Walt Disney

I shall be telling this with a sigh, Somewhere ages and ages hence…Two roads diverged in a wood…and I…I took the one less traveled….. and that has made all the difference… ~ Robert Frost

Tao Te Ching

“Like water you do best by doing as you go along, finding the right level, adjusting at the right time, not before, and being able to adjust again.To have the power to nourish life and wash away stone.”

“The soup bowl; useful because of the empty space within it. The wheel; useful due to the empty center it rotates upon. The Windows of your house, drawing in light, their usefulness is in their emptiness.”

“Having enough is true wealth. Knowing yourself is true wisdom. Never needing to use force, you got it right,”

Starting with how the Wise take to Tao instantly, the Average try, go and come back and the Fool laughs – and how great this laughter is, because “without laughter there could be no Tao”.

“You don’t need to go anywhere as the core of it all is deep within you.”

“Those who know do not tell, and Those who tell do not know.”

“As long as you know how little you know you are well. When you think you know it all then that is a sign of being unwell. Masters know that there is more to life than can be known and they get on so well because of this.”

No comments: